Ten years ago, husband and wife travel writers David Molyneaux and Fran Golden would have been hard-pressed to fill a book about Cleveland’s restaurant and foodie scene. Today that task was easy, and the result is a delicious and diverse guidebook called “Unique Eats and Eateries of Cleveland” (Reedy Press, $20.95).
From its start, Kendal at Oberlin has been a welcoming community for older adults of all races, cultures and sexual orientations. But last year, as the life plan community celebrated its 25th anniversary, a group of gay, lesbian and transgender residents decided to form a group to support each other and educate the larger community.
Topics: Retirement Community
- 30 Silver Round Beaded Sunburst Wall Accent Mirror
- Oudan Kitchen sink taps kitchen sink basin mixer tap sink faucet contemporary bathroom sink faucet with redating spout sink faucet hot and cold (color -, Size -)
- Pillow Perfect Finders Keepers Peacock Reversible Chair Pad, Set of 2
- Maifeini The pink gold And Marble Bathrooms Are In Cold Water Basin Mixer Single Wash-Basin Mixer Deck Inssizetion
- Oudan Sink Taps European style copper Bamboo section black High section Seated Brushed bathroom Hot and cold Wash your facePots
- International Silver 5162914 Smithfield 87-Piece Stainless Steel Flatware Set with Serving Utensil Set, Service for 12
- Home Standard Cubix Bathroom Chrome Bath Filler Mixer Tap 10 Year Guarantee
- Storage Stool Economical Strong shoes Bench Kitchen Living Room Sofa ABS Storage Stool (color Green)
- A 464671cm Chair - Fashion Personality Solid Wood bar high Stool Chair (color B, Size 40 40 71cm)
- DDSS Bed cushion bluee Triangle Bed Backrest Washable Sofa Cushion Soft Cushions On The Bed Office Lumbar Pillow Neck Guard Predection Waist Printing - (Size 45cm30cm55cm)
- Artzfolio Curly Lines Key Holder Hooks Notice Pin Board Antique golden Frame 20 X 20Inch
- Andersen 296 Waterhog DiamondCord Polypropylene Fiber Interior Scraper Wiper Floor Mat, SBR Rubber Backing, 5-Feet Length X 3-Feet Width, 3 8-Inch Thick, Brown Cord
- WGXX Chairs Folding Chair, Home Dining Chair Backrest Chair Computer Office Chair, Steel Frame Cloth Cover Soft Cushion
- Black Ice Chrome WAC Lighting QP539-WD DB Mini Haven Quick Connect Pendant White Diamond Shade with Dark Bronze Socket Set
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Basin faucet waterfall faucet vanity area with sink water faucet single-hot and cold tap wrench
- LaLF European Basin Faucet Copper Faucet Basin Faucet Hot and Cold Single Hole Hand Wash Washbasin Above Counter Basin Faucet
- Kai&Guo Much cheaper kitchen sink faucet by zinc alloy kitchen mixer tap chrome water tap,including 2pcs hose
- A Gyps Faucet Basin Mixer Tap Waterfall Faucet Antique Bathroom Mixer Bar Mixer Shower Set Tap antique bathroom faucet The black splash cold water faucet single hole faucet kitchen faucet high, B，Moder
- Faucet Chrome Single Handle Contemporary Kitchen Faucet Bathroom Sink Mixer Tap Antique Copper Brush Faucet greenical Single Cold Basin Faucet Lavatory Basin Faucet
- White Quiet Comfortable Toilet Seat Thicken Toilet Bowl Durable Toilet Lid Easy To Clean (Design O 355)
- 10 Pack,Pocketman 110V 4W Dimmable LED Ceiling Light Downlight,Cool White Spotlight Lamp Recessed Lighting Fixture,with LED Driver
- TableCraft Products RPB1513 Punch Bowl, Stainless Steel, 3.4 gal 13 L
- Lpophy Bathroom Sink Mixer Taps Faucet Bath Waterfall Cold and Hot Water Tap for Washroom Bathroom and Kitchen golden Hot and Cold Copper Antique Brown Ancient
- The Original Dr. Hayashi Hydrogen Rich Water Stick
- Antique European Creative High-end Basin Mixer Fashion Retro redatable Hot And Cold Faucet
- XPYFaucet Copper Plated Kitchen Faucet，Hot And Cold Sink Skin Tap
- Hunter Fan Company 53346 Hunter 52 Rainsford Fresh White Ceiling Fan, Large,
- Kitchen Brass Vintage Chrome Bathroom Sink Basin Lever Mixer Tap Copper Faucet Led Pull Kitchen Dish Cold and Hot Water Faucet
Father’s Day is kind of a Johnny-come-lately holiday, having been a national celebration only since 1972. Mother’s Day, on the other hand, got the country’s blessing years earlier.
Artistic expression abounds at Kendal at Oberlin.
The life plan community has three distinct art galleries always filled with eclectic exhibits (including the current Kendal Collects exhibit). Hallways and other public areas are decorated with 600 pieces donated by residents, an art studio for residents to paint and pursue other artistic endeavors, and a calendar packed with art lectures and classes.
Topics: Retirement Community
What comes to mind when you think about our national parks? Do you envision the amazing vistas of the Grand Canyon, or perhaps wild and wonderful Yellowstone? America’s national parks are a travel destination for millions of us year-to-year. Let’s check out some numbers:
Ask your local church, food bank, arts organization or other favorite non-profit the value of their volunteers and you’re likely to hear a variety of superlative words that express a similar sentiment: Volunteers are essential to its mission.
I was born on Mother’s Day. Over the course of our 63 years together, the second Sunday in May meant dual celebrations, including Mother’s Day 1989, a week after I became a mother (pictured here). The best celebrations, my mother would tell you, were the ones we spent together.
Brendan Ortiz started working at Kendal in the dining rooms when he was a freshman at Oberlin High School. During the past four years he says he learned not just time management and responsibility, but also what life is like at Kendal.
After the death of her long-time husband, Lola is very lonely. When she rents an older cat over the Internet, her days gradually brighten and become meaningful. Lola and the Rent-a-Cat, written by Dutch writer Ceseli Josephus Jitta, is a children’s book that explores issues about grief and aging.
Finding someone you want to spend the rest of your life with takes time. The two of you may start out as friends then discover a spark, begin dating casually and then more seriously until you decide to make a lifelong commitment.
Topics: Retirement Community