I don’t go to many press events. It’s not that I don’t like getting to taste new and interesting things, or check out restaurants before they open and to get a glimpse of what they’re going to do. But I prefer to go and have a relaxing time, and to enjoy and experience the place as a customer would. Another thing that’s challenging about press events is that they can sometimes be a scrum, as anywhere where there’s complimentary food or drink involved.
That happened to me when I attended a cocktail soirée at a very posh hotel. I was personally invited by the publicist and the bartender was quite well-known and quite competent. And as I found out when I arrived, also quite dashing.
FZHLR Fashion Kitchen Faucet Black Kitchen Faucet List The Single-Hole Bibcock Food Bowl Faucet 360 Degree Swivel Cold Hot Water Mixer Tap Kitchen oyhmou3544-Furniture
Summer has just started and temperatures have been hovering close to 100ºF (37ºC). It’s been hard to stay cool but I’ve learned that temperatures are lower first thing in the morning, so I wake up earlier and get some tasks out of the way before the full blast of heat begins to slowly roast me, and my kitchen. The other thing that’s hitting us at…
Not a day goes by when I don’t get a message requesting a restaurant recommendation in Paris. (Curiously, I also get asked for restaurant recommendations in cities I’ve never lived in, or even visited.) My promise to you is that I’ll only write up or recommend places I’ve been to, and with apologies to all who’ve asked for restaurant recommendations on social media, if I…
We’re buckling down for a heatwave that’s on its way, with temperatures heading up to 40ºC (104ºF). Fortunately I’ve got a small stockpile of fans I’ve been collecting over the years, and few bottles of rosé in the refrigerator. (And my refrigerator actually has an ice-maker.) I sometimes bring a bag as a host gift when invited for dinner…but this week, I’m saving them all…
- Zr Rattan Versatile Fashion Wrought Iron Umbrella Stand Floor Type Large-Capacity Store Household Storage Bucket (color Bronze)
- St. Patrick's Day3228lfsr5118 19.7 x 31.5 +19.7 x 63 Kitchen Rug Sets 2 Piece Floor Mats Non-Slip Rubber Backing Area Rugs Ebullient St Patrick's Day Theme Pattern Doormat Washable Carpet Inside Door Mat Pad Sets (23.6 x 35.4 +23.6 x 70.9 )
- Fiesta Semicircular Cushion Latin America Culture Inspired Ethnic Sombrero and Cactuses Worn Halfmoon doormats H 47.2 xD 70.8 orange Seafoam Yellow Green
- Flash Furniture Riverside Contemporary Upholstered Chair with Wooden Legs in Saddle Vinyl
- 304 Stainless Steel Kitchen Bathroom Sink, Vegetable Pots, Hot and Cold Water Faucet Stainless Steel
- Kitchen fauct Lead-Free 304 Stainless Steel Pull-Out Kitchen Faucet Brushed Vegetables Basin Faucet Hot and Cold Shower
- SMQ Shower Kit Pressurizer Sprinkler Square Shower Lift Shower Water Mixer Handheld Shower
- Bathroom Faucet Brass Dull Polish Style Handle Sink Taps Bathroom Basin Mixer Tap
- Gyps Faucet Waterfall for Cold and Hot Water Tap Bathroom Kitchen Tap Coloured Oatmeal Flakes Sink Washing Dishes in a Bathtub Tap Single Socket Dual-
- Bathroom Sink Tap Hot Cold Faucet Washbasin Single Handle 360 Degree redation European All Copper Antique Faucet Hot and Cold Jade Faucet,C
- Oudan Bathroom Sink Basin Tap Brass Mixer Tap Washroom Mixer Faucet Kitchen faucet 304 Stainless steel single cold into the wall socket to redate the tap water.
- In Section 3, +60cm Elbow Hose Hlluya Professional Sink The copper hot and cold single handle the high basin vanity sink vanity area with antique faucet large wide mouth bamboo ceramic basin, the rupture of the Port 3, 60cm Hose
- True Luxury 1000-Thread-Count 100% Egyptian Cotton Bed Sheets, 4-Pc California King White Sheet Set, Single Ply Long-Staple Yarns, Sateen Weave, Fits Mattress Upto 18'' Deep Pocket
- Hlluya Professional Sink Mixer Tap Kitchen Faucet Green full copper kitchen faucet paint color can turn the kitchen cold water faucet
- All-Clad 4703-DB Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Double Boiler Insert Cookware, 3-Quart, Silver
I don’t quite exactly when things shifted, but for many years, if you wanted salt you either bought granulated table salt, usually sold in a round canister for less than a dollar, or kosher salt, which came in a big box. Kosher salt didn’t get its name because it’s kosher, it’s because the bulkier crystals are a better size for salting meat, which koshers it….
Not many of us saw it coming, certainly not me, way back in 1989 when La Brea Bakery opened, and I thought, “Who the heck is going to buy freshly baked bread in Los Angeles? That’ll never work…” And the rest, as they say, is history, as La Brea Bakery and Campanile restaurant, the adjacent restaurant in the same Spanish-style building (that Charlie Chaplin built),…
Here’s a round-up of places I visited recently in New York City. One happy change (which is also happening in cities elsewhere) is the proliferation of excellent bakeries making top-quality artisan bread, as well as bakeries with a global focus. While Americans don’t buy bread daily, as the French do, you can get terrific bread and pastries if you know where to look. Restaurants…
Papaya isn’t a very common fruit in many parts of the world. But if you go to the tropics, you’ll see them piled up at markets, and even alongside the roads, where people are selling the overload from their trees. Papaya is a curious fruit that is often just out of the sightline of our radars, and is usually eaten fresh. Some varieties are spectacularly…
When I originally came up with this ice cream, the year was 2009, which seems like a long, long time ago, in so many ways. Absinthe had been banned in France since 1914, blamed for a host of societal ills, even being accused of causing people to go crazy (which has since been debunked; most blame additives added to cheap absinthe, which caused brain damage),…